We do recognise that education must be much wider than the study of academic subjects and to this end we offer a wide variety of extra-curricular activities. These are reviewed termly to reflect the interests of pupils and the seasons and might include:
Fashion Club, Quiz Club,11+ Preparation, Cookery Club, Drama Club, Table Tennis, Dance, Spanish, Football, Art and Craft. Please note these clubs change on a regular basis.
Highclare encourages children to participate in a diverse range of activities. An extensive extra-curricular programme enables everyone to develop through a balance of work and play.
- Pupils are actively encouraged to enjoy a wide variety of lunchtime and after-school Clubs encompassing academic, creative, sporting and social needs.
- Children enjoy taking part in many team sports with competition for all through inter-school and inter-house programmes.
- Children relish many opportunities for musical performance and drama as part of Recorder Groups, Choir, individual instrument lessons, LAMDA lessons, school assemblies and productions, to name but a few.
- Pupils benefit from a wide ranging programme of Educational trips and Outdoor Education.
- In preparation for our pupils sitting 11+ Grammar School Examinations lessons are offered both in school and as an additional lesson after school.
Music and Drama
- Opportunities to participate in a wide range of Junior ensembles, choirs and orchestras.
- Concerts in and out of school are a regular feature of the school year.
- Individual tuition is available for singing and a wide variety of instruments.
- All Junior pupils learn the recorder up to Year 4.
- Help with Associated Board Examinations.
- Staging of Drama productions within the Junior Schools takes place regularly.
- Pupils take a wide range of LAMDA examinations.
- Drama activities build confidence and encourage spontaneity of expression.
- Communication skills are fostered, helping pupils to express themselves clearly, naturally and confidently.
- The school takes part in a variety of competitions against both maintained and Independent Schools.
- House teams in many sports give further opportunities.
- J5 and J6 pupils take part in a PGL residential trip.
- Many extra-curricular sporting activities to compliment the curriculum and extend the children’s access to sport.
- Junior pupils take part in a wide variety of activities to raise money for local and national charities.
- Highclare Juniors visit local Residential and Care homes, singing and entertaining residents.