Highclare School has registered alongside hundreds of schools across the UK to be a part of Safer Internet Day 2022 on Tuesday 8th February – www.saferinternet.org.uk .
As part of well-being week Highclare prep pupils focussed on internet safety. During Think About It Tuesday children took part in a variety of activities to promote safe, responsible and positive use of internet technology.
At the Senior School, Mr Sneary asked pupils to think carefully about their online and offline relationships. The internet is a wonderful thing, but at the same time it has become very addictive for many of us! During his recent assembly Mr Sneary spoke of how social media helped him both physically and mentally during the first period of lockdown.
Some key points pupils took away from the assembly are:
- Think very carefully before you post anything online
- Try to put yourself in someone else’s shoes, and remember that feelings matter!
- Try to limit the time you spend on the internet
- Challenge yourself to spend less time on your phone and go outdoors!
- Keep all of your posts and relationships positive
- Be respectful of other people’s views and opinions – even if you don’t share them
- Block or report anything you come across that upsets you and tell an adult
- Be grateful for what you have and be kind always