Highclare Pre-School caters for boys and girls from 15 months at Highclare Woodfield and from 2 years at Highclare St Paul’s.
Our Pre-School at Highclare Woodfield is fully equipped to provide for the needs of children from 15 months to 4 years.
Highclare St Paul’s
Pre-School at Highclare St Paul’s is fully equipped to provide for the needs of children from 2 to 4 years.
Both sites have the advantage of access to the educational resources and facilities of the Infant and Junior schools, e.g. regular sessions in the gymnasium, visits to the school library and gardens and joining school assemblies.
The timetable for Pre-School children includes numeracy and phonics every morning with creative activities on offer in afternoon sessions.
The experienced and qualified staff care for the children in a warm, welcoming and safe environment, in which there are separate areas for rest and play.
In Pre-School 1 communication diaries are shared with parents each day to ensure constant links between home and school.
In addition, daily records are kept to provide parents with information about their child’s progress and parents are welcome to visit at any time. The Pre-School setting at Highclare Woodfield is registered and inspected by Ofsted. This is because Highclare Woodfield welcomes children aged 15 months onwards.
- Staff Child ratios: 1: 3 under 2 years, 1 : 4 over 2 years
- Open Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 6.00 pm.
- Open 51 weeks a year, or term time only places available if preferred.
- Full and part time sessions available, a minimum of 5 sessions per week is required at both settings.
- We provide a natural and smooth transition through Pre-School into Reception and beyond.
- Fees paid monthly and fully inclusive of food, drinks and nappies.
- Freshly cooked lunches and teas, including vegetarian meals.